Boat Bike Tours goes green
Our tours travel through some of Europe’s most beautiful nature. It’s our responsibility to care for this nature, and our planet, for future generations. That’s why we’re striving to make our cycling cruises as eco-friendly as possible.
With sustainable consultancy Sea Going Green, we’re following a three-step process towards carbon neutrality:
- Measure our carbon emissions and environmental impacts. Read more >>
- Reduce our emissions and impacts through our own actions. Read more >>
- Offset emissions that we can’t (yet) reduce by purchasing carbon credits. Read more>>
You can help too! Sustainability tips for guests
When it comes to reducing our carbon footprint, everyone needs to get involved. This includes you – our guests!
As a guest you can make a big positive impact just by making a few simple choices. Here are the best actions you can take to travel more sustainably on our tours:
– Choose low-impact travel (such as trains) to reach your boat bike tour
– Offset your flight’s carbon emissions if you’re flying from abroad
– Take shorter showers (around 4 minutes) to reduce water use
– Eat vegetarian more often at mealtimes to reduce meat consumption
– Skip the towel change in your cabin to keep laundry to a minimum
– Bring your own drink bottle for cycling (Dutch tap water is top quality!)
Our sustainability journey
We have just embarked on our path towards carbon neutrality and we’re excited to share our progress with you as we learn to measure our footprint more precisely and find better ways to reduce it.
When you travel with us we hope you’ll be able to relax a little more easily knowing that your travel footprint is accounted for and that your trip is as green as possible.
Questions or suggestions are welcome! Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org