Cancellation by the traveller (see general conditions for more details)
If an agreement is cancelled, the traveller shall pay the following cancellation costs in the event of cancellation, in addition to any reservation costs:
- more than 84 days before the date of departure 10 %
- 84 to 42 days before the date of departure 30 %
- 42 to 28 days before the date of departure 60 %
- 28 days to 1 day before the date of departure 90 %
- on the date of departure or later 100 %
- always in % of the agreed tour (package) price.
- If a traveller from a touring group cancels his agreement for a joint accommodation in a hotel, apartment, holiday home or other accommodation, he shall have to pay the cancellation costs.
- If the size of the remaining group for this accommodation is stated in the price table, the travel organiser shall offer a proposed change to the remaining traveller(s), which is appropriate for the new group size, for the same period and in the same accommodation.
- For traveller(s) referred to in sub b. the tour (package) price shall be changed in conformity with the price table. The normal payment rules of article 3 shall apply to the payment of the changed tour (package) price.
- If the proposed change is not possible or not accepted, all agreements shall be cancelled and all travellers shall have to pay a cancellation sum.
- The total sum of the cancellation sums and changed tour (package) price(s) shall never exceed the total of the tour (package) prices of the original travellers. A possible surplus shall be reduced from new tour (package) prices.
The traveller who cancels the trip shall be obliged to pay the cancellation costs in conformity with the provisions in the previous paragraphs, unless he can motivate why the loss of the travel organiser was lower. In that case the travel organiser shall charge this lower loss. Loss shall be taken to mean incurred loss and lost profit.
Outside office hours
Cancellations outside office hours shall be considered to have taken place on the next working day.
Article 8 (see general conditions) shall apply in the event there is no cancellation, but when another person replaces the traveller.
Cancellation by the travel organiser
- The travel organiser shall be entitled to cancel the agreement due to weighty circumstances.
- Weighty circumstances shall be taken to mean circumstances of such a nature that a further commitment of the travel organiser to the agreement cannot be required in reason.
- A coverage restriction referring to the agreement of the Calamiteitenfonds Reizen (Travel Contingency Fund) shall be a weighty circumstance.
- If the cause of the cancellation can be attributed to the traveller, the resultant loss shall be paid by the traveller.
- If the cause of the cancellation can be attributed to the travel organiser, the resultant loss shall be paid by the travel organiser. Whether this is the case shall be decided on the basis of article 12 (see general conditions).
- If the cause of the cancellation cannot be attributed to the traveller nor to the travel organiser, parties shall bear their own loss as worked out in article 13 (see general conditions).
- If the travel organiser saves money because of the cancellation, the traveller shall be entitled to this saving with regard to his part.